Saturday, March 31, 2007

just give me something to hold onto


finally some recent work again. i'm really loving this stuff, and i want to continue working on it past this point. i want to keep taking memories and experiences and analyze them within myself.

critique went pretty well with them too. but i always wish there was more actual critique going on instead of the mild 'i like it' or 'it's neat' comments. I got so used to critiques at scad that I expected the same sort of analyzing and such from these. But sadly, they're lacking severely.

so yeah... here they are. I want feedback! lots of glorious feedback.

in other news...

i'm getting up at 5am tomorrow to go shoot in saint augustine. i'm incredibly excited about this. we're getting up early enough to catch the sunrise down there, and i'm probably taking more than enough film and cameras.


definitely my holga, possibly the digital rebel, and maybe my trusty canon ae-1. i love the manual everything and raw appeal of it.


another exciting thing...

i'm excited about a book. Ruth Reichl's "Garlic and Sapphires", which is a memoir of her time as the New York Times food critic. She's witty, funny, sarcastic at times, and addicting.

I'm the kind of reader who has to be hooked on a book, addicted from the first paragraph to read. I have to be excited about a book to want to read it... and this happens very rarely.
but I'm excited about a book.

No comments: